Art education seeks to enhance our creativity and critical thinking through visual language and different artistic expressions. Approaching in creative research-creation process, allowing us to explore our sensitive world, developing a critical look at our social and personal experiences
In the Art class, we will explore other possible worlds, where the expression of our subconscious and emotional world is the main protagonist, analyzing and learning to observe the world in a different way. Exploring different contemporary art expressions and techniques that will encourage our creative behaviors. We will inquire into and analyze wide art movements that will drive us to create innovative projects. Being a tool for understanding the world and get a connection with the other.
Learn how to communicate and express personal experiences through visual language, exploring techniques such as collage and drawing.
SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Use acquired knowledge to inform their artwork.
- Demonstrate the application of skills and techniques to create, perform, and/or present art.
- Demonstrate the exploration of ideas through the developmental process to a point of realization.
- Outline connections and transfer learning to new settings
The evaluation of the art class will have in account the four assessments criteria:
Criterion A: Knowing and understanding
Criterion B: Developing skills
Criterion C: Thinking creatively
Criterion D: Responding
The art class will be 30% theoretical and 70% practical lessons.
Skills to develop:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the art form studied, including concepts, processes, and the use of subject-specific terminology.
- Demonstrate the application of skills and techniques to create, perform and/or present art.
- Demonstrate the exploration of ideas to shape artistic intention through to a point of realization.
- Construct meaning and transfer learning to new settings
- Teacher: Nathalia Bonilla